Full Time - Salaried/Exempt
Position open until filled
The Clore Center serves as a central gathering place for industry and consumers to discover Washington wine and agriculture through engaging events and innovative programs.
Washington wine and food is celebrated, enjoyed, and shared.
VALUES FOR SUCCESS
Hospitality, Knowledge, Innovation, Collaboration, Inclusion, Adaptability
- The Event Manager is responsible for coordinating all details of event rentals at the Clore Center and Vineyard Pavilion.
- Respond to and pursue leads by phone and email to sell event spaces. Provide tours of the facility, create contracts, and accept deposits.
- Effectively communicate event policies and procedures.
- Work with clients to plan the details of their events, including set up details, referring vendors, communicating policies.
- Plan staffing for event coverage, including set up and clean up staff.
- Work closely with the Wine Program Director to coordinate bar service for events. Includes assisting guests with wine selections and ordering beer. Schedule and supervise bar staff ensuring all guests are safe and responsible.
- Ensure that clients are adhering to all event policies.
- Coordinate linens, rental items, caterer needs, coffee service supplies, and other needs related to the events.
- Schedule and oversee security for events.
- Assist with Clore Center events, act as a representative of the Clore Center to guests and to the public.
- Assist with generating ideas for ticketed special events/experiences, and oversee these events when appropriate.
- This position will be cross trained to work in the Clore Center Tasting Room, and support all activities and programs at the Clore Center.
- Deliver outstanding customer service at every opportunity
- Represent the Clore Center in a professional way at all times
- Reports to Executive Director
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to present a calm, professional demeanor at all times
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 3 years event coordination experience
- Experience running weddings/large events preferred
- Ability to work a varied scheduled, including evenings, weekends, and early mornings
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and creatively
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft programs
- Passion to deliver outstanding customer service at every opportunity
- High school diploma or GED plus experience, secondary degree or coursework preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds to move cases of wine, tables, chairs, and other equipment
- Ability to provide references upon request
- Salary dependent upon experience