Posted August 1, 2016
Open until filled
The Clore Center is often looking for talented individuals for various shifts as Tasting Room Attendants.
Looking for a team-oriented self-starter with proven customer service skills to work in our tasting room at the Walter Clore Center. Requires flexible hours including weekends and some evenings. The Walter Clore Wine and Culinary Center is a 501c3 dedicated to promoting and showcasing Washington’s bounty of wine and agriculture. The Center operates a tasting room on a daily basis featuring a rotating selection of Washington wines. Visitors can enjoy social and education programming and special events focusing on wine and food. The Center also offers 3600 sq ft of flexible indoor banquet space, as well as a 2400 sq ft indoor/outdoor venue.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to present a calm, professional demeanor at all times
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Point of Sale experience
- Tasting room experience is a plus
- Wine knowledge required
- A passion for wine, and ability to quickly become familiar with a large variety of varietals, labels, and stories from many different wineries
- Knowledge or strong interest in Washington’s wine history and wine regions
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and creatively
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft programs
- Passion to deliver outstanding customer service at every opportunity
- High school diploma or GED plus experience, secondary degree or coursework preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds to move cases of wine, tables, chairs, and other equipment
- Current MAST card preferred
- Current Food Handler’s Card preferred
- Ability to provide references upon request