Named after the late Dr. Walter J. Clore, the Walter Clore Wine and Culinary Center is a unique wine tasting and educational destination focused on promoting the quality and diversity of Washington State wine and agriculture.
Some Things for Visitors to do at the Clore Center
- Taste a variety of Washington wines from different American Viticulture Areas (AVA) at our wine bar/tasting lounge.
- Purchase local products and wine from our retail store.
- Check out exhibits and learn about different Washington agricultural industries.
- Watch a cooking demonstration from our state of the art, professionally outfitted kitchen.
- Broaden your knowledge by taking a cooking class or a wine education class and learn about the wine and food products that Washington state has to offer.
- Sit outside on our patio and enjoy a glass of wine while overlooking the Yakima River.
Visit the Clore Center for the ultimate Washington wine experience.
The Center’s site, located off I-82 at Exit 82 on 24 acres overlooking the Yakima River, the Horse Heaven Hills and Rattlesnake Mountain in Prosser, Washington, was chosen because of Prosser’s distinction as the home of the largest irrigated agricultural research center in the United States (WSU-IAREC) where Dr. Clore began his research.